Thursday, September 3, 2009

loving every minute

I hear a lot of people say planning a wedding is horrible and just wish it would hurry up and be over, I have to say I don't really feel like that, I mean there are defiantly moments, when things are going wrong or people are wanting or expecting thing I don't really have time or desire for. Those are the times I wish the wedding would go away and C and I would elope and get married on the beach me wearing a cute cotton sun dress and C shorts and an white shirt, bare foot, afterward we would jump on a boat and eat heaps and heaps of fresh seafood on the deck over looking some amazing tropical location.

Anyway I digress, what I'm getting at is that I really have enjoyed this process. Working on the ceremony, planning our future, the house the travel the way we'll be as we get older. I really have enjoyed thinking about our family/friends and guest and what they would like during the day/weekend and what things C and I love that we could share with them, things we'd all get a kick out of. Not to mention I love lots of beautiful detail and i have loved hunting around thinking of lots creative ways to entertain and decorate.

But I think one of the reasons I've enjoyed the process so much more than other people I know is because if unimportant things get too hard, too time consuming, to overwhelming, to expensive, I just don't do it. I've had heaps of good idea that aren't going to make an appearance on my wedding day - and I'm sure I'm not going to look back and be sad about it. I'm pretty sure the night before the wedding when C and I are out to dinner I look around and think I'm luck to have everyone, I'm luck C and I focused on us and I'm glad I'm going home to sleep not finish projects. And I think one the day when I see everything come together I'll be glad I put the effort in to what is there, I'll be glad dad and I spent the time together learning and make vase. I'm sure I'll smile when I see the kids eyeing the lolly bar (I'll probably join them in over indulging). I'll be happy with the fact what we have done is meaningful for us.

Its getting close and I'm getting excited.

No comments: