Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1st attempt

And I still need a little practice - but this is my 1st attempt at making a vase.

When I pulled it out of the mold it seemed really tacky in places. I've done some research and it could be for a few reasons.

If I got the measurements even slightly off it can take longer to cure or maybe never sure - so need to be more careful measuring.
If it was too cold (which I think it might have been) one part of the 2 part mix becomes too thick to mix properly, so next time I have to dip the sealed container in warm water for a little while.
I might just have been a bit too impatient and not mixed for long enough before pouring.

So next time do all 3 things and hopefully it will work better.

Also I was a little excited and poured too quickly and ended up with bubbles, but I figured that out early and the end had a fewer and I'm sure it will be better.

No comments: